Running a restaurant in Sydney is difficult enough, with all the management, right from employees and suppliers, to customers, that needs to be done. Add to that the task of carrying out online marketing for your restaurant, and you find yourself at a whole new level of complexity. However, the good news is that local SEO for restaurants is a lot easier than most people make it to be, and with just a little effort in the right direction, you can benefit from the returns on investment that SEO has to offer. Here is a look at the top tips for local SEO for Sydney restaurants:
- Search engines give priority to websites that provide high-quality and relevant information to their clients. It is a good idea to imagine yourself as a customer visiting the website, and provide the kind of content that you would like to see on there.
- The first step is to choose the right keywords for your SEO campaign. For instance, if your restaurant is based in Camden, it is possible that a person visiting Sydney might not know of Camden, and would rather search for “Chinese restaurant in Sydney”. Google’s keyword tool can help you to choose the best keywords based on your location and specialty.
- The three most important components of your SEO campaign are- Title Tag, Meta-description, and page content. Let’s look at each of these one at a time for local SEO for restaurants in Sydney.
- The title tag is the first thing visible to the user in the SERP. Keep the tag under 70 characters, preferably with the following format: Main Keyword- Secondary Keyword- Brand Name. For instance, in case of an Italian restaurant named Manza located in Hurtsville, this would be: Italian Takeaway Restaurant-Hurtsville-Manza Home Delivery.
- Through the meta description, you can highlight the unique features of your restaurant in a brief and relevant paragraph. Remember to keep it simple, yet catchy.
- When it comes to SEO for restaurants, presentation is a key component. You can make the most of images with the help of Alt-tags. Display full, well-shot pictures of the food offered at your restaurant, and make sure you add Alt-tags to each of these images for maximum exposure to your restaurant.
- Make the most of Google Plus local listings by creating a local page for your restaurant. Keep customers engaged through regular blog posts, videos, discount vouchers, and photos.
- Encourage loyal customers to add a review for your restaurant. Since Google Plus is integrated with Zagat ratings, these reviews can be a valuable tool for your sales.
- Finally, build a strong online presence for your restaurant by adding it on prominent local business portals.